Locked out of undamaged factory for 746 days
Do we still own our building…. 219 days…. and who knows.
Now this has got me seeing red…. Political events banned from the red zone???? My God what hypocrisy. Bad call Roger Sutton.
The red zone is all about politics.
- It is about keeping property values high for wealthy CBD land owners….
- It is about redistribution of land …
- It is about the destruction of infrastructure by Government….
- It is about jobs for the “boys”…
- It is a place to take Rachael Hunter and every politician in the world who comes here on a tour….
- It is about power, game playing
- It is about Politics….
ps I refuse to call it the rebuild zone. There is not much of that going on… and I am not the only one thinking this. A interesting comment by Tony Sewell:
Property sector leader Tony Sewell told a gathering of property owners that the central business district was at risk. Once buildings were up inside the core, businesses would already be settled outside it and would not shift back.
“We are bogged down in processes and reports but nothing is getting built,” Sewell said. link here: http://www.stuff.co.nz/the-press/news/christchurch-earthquake-2011/8372027/Call-for-action-on-city-centre
By the way: we now have front windows, no glass but hey lets not get picky! That comes next week, after I have painted a structural RHS with 20 coats of fire retardant paint. Yep that is correct 20 coats. Sounds mad I know, but there is some weird system that must be followed.