Humm….. I wonder…
James Lunday. Urban Designer and Economic Development Entrepreneur. Link Here: http://www.la3.com.au/our-network-our-people/australia-office/2-uncategorised/138-australia-james-lunday.html
James Lundy also features in the Gerard Smyth’s Christchurch Dilemmas Series. Link Here: http://www.radionz.co.nz/national/programmes/ninetonoon/audio/201811229/gerard-smyth-christchurch-dilemmas
also here: http://chchdilemmas.co.nz
James Lunday has been employed now by Regenerate Christchurch. Huh? How the heck did that come about? Are we talking about the man who has consistently been telling CERA/CCDU/REGENERATE CHRISTCHURCH ETC (whatever they are called now) for the last 6 years that they have this Recovery all wrong? The man who told them in 2011 at a meeting I attended said to “tell CERA to ……. off,” that: they were demolishing too many buildings, that the “Precincts plans” were fatally flawed, that the Convention Centre is the wrong design in the wrong place and do we need one anyway?
Nah, this can not be.
They are 2 possibilities:
1. The Powers that be have finally realised that they need some expert advice.
2. They want to shut him up. He has been too vocal in his criticism.
I hope that it is option 1. (My understanding is that Otakaro has clearly told the Christchurch City Council that they will not renegotiate or alter the Blueprint design that they have created).
Gosh, I am so cynical!
The delicious irony of this is that Regenerate Christchurch, has moved into the new Peeble’s Consortium building right behind the Duncan’s Buildings on High Street.
The beauty of this is that every time they look out the window they will see this! A daily reminder that they have got this recovery all Wrong!
What’s the old saying…. revenge is a dish best served cold.
What is new in High Street?
- We are still stalled by our Engineer and the lack of a PS1 for the CCC Building consent. It is driving me to distraction.
- The propping of the 8 Duncan’s Units that the Peeble’s group have purchased, will happen in Feb/March next year.
- The road works are still stopping us from opening our pop up shop. The contractors just never seem to Finish anything.
- I have heard that the Peeble’s Group wish to demolish the backs of the Duncan’s Buildings. Given that Resource Consents gave me a hard time, a few weeks ago, when they Thought that I was going to disturb/demolish our back brick wall, I wonder if this is feasible???
Ho hum, life gets interesting…..
PS Pix of 4 weeks progress on my house!